Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 167.90
  Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What to expect tonight... :)
    Posted: 31 Dec 2013 at 3:58pm
Hey guys!

This is only our second year through with the new "year end" processing, so a bit of this is "..I HOPE this is what happens..." We went through nearly unscathed last year.. only a few little blips. :)

For starters - after the game creates the newest sire extracts this evening (after midnight), you should be able to start searching for the new sires.     A few to note (in alphabetical order) :

AL KAZEEM (GB)     eng     
CAMELOT (GB)     ire     
DAWN APPROACH (IRE)     ire     
FARHH     eng     
INTELLO (GER)     eng     
LETHAL FORCE (IRE)     eng     
NOVELLIST (IRE)     jpn     
ORB     usa     ky
ORFEVRE (JPN)     jpn     
PAYNTER     usa     ky
PIERRO (AUS)     aus     
POINT OF ENTRY     usa     ky
VERRAZANO     usa     ky

I believe all new sires will start relatively high and drop in price over the course of a few days. The nice thing with new sires : they all drop down as low as 10 points / credits, since they have no history. Poke around for values after things die down....but remember that our breeding special we have in place at the moment goes bye-bye tonight. Bummer.. :(

Also, approximately 90 minutes after midnight (to allow for the majority of the update to complete), mares will begin opening for breeding. Not all mares open at the same time, but you will be able to see when they open after midnight (ones opening later than 24 hours after your search can be seen now by looking at your mares and choosing tomorrow). This process will continue for several days (which allows people with shared mares a fairer opportunity as the times are spread out pseudo randomly).

I will try to be around shortly after midnight to babysit the thing, but I make no promises as to my ability to fix things before morning. :)   This is always an exciting time in the game, but the extra traffic and scrutiny can lead to disappointment if things go even the slightest bit sideways.    Rest assured that I will try to rectify anything if it goes wrong, and if anything doesn't come up as expected tonight, I will work on it as soon as time allows tomorrow morning.

Thank you as always for playing, and here's hoping for a safe and fun rollover for everyone out tonight, everyone staying in, and our humble game!

--Mike

Post Reply Post Reply