Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 167.90
  Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yearly Rollvoer Notes
    Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 3:09pm

Happy Holidays!

I wanted to give everyone a heads up on what to expect with the yearly update this year.

Saturday, December 25th - I will post race results several hours earlier than noon.  I apologize for not nailing the time down specifically (the whole Christmas.. family.. thing.. :P) 

Sunday, December 26th - Early in the morning I will turn on the Update light.  I will perform the weekly breedings, and then begin rolling the game over for the new year.   Any horse that is currently 12 will be retired.  All horses will age 1 year on this day.   I realize there are RODOTS races on Tuesday and Friday.  The ages used for these races will be the updated age.  Please be aware that this roll over usually takes all day. Although rare, it can sometimes take through the evening.

Other stuff :

Sire updates -First off,  thanks to everyone (particularly my overseas players) who are keeping me up to date on things!  The sire update will be partially completed with the roll over.  I expect to hit most of the biggest sires with it, and sires that are easy for me to gather information on.  I will try and add a new feature within the next several weeks that will allow players to help me add and rate sires.  I expect to begin working on that at the beginning of the year.

I realize I've missed a few e-mails recently, and I apologize.  If you have sent me anything recently and I did not respond, feel free to send it to me again.  I've been rather involved lately with some "real world" stuff lately, but I'm hoping I can back off of that soon.

Thanks for another great year!  

--Mike

Post Reply Post Reply